Coffee Health Benefits
So here it is...Coffee is a tremendous tool in your day to become a health monster! But sadly, you're going to need to change your "coffee" beverage in the morning to an actual coffee beverage in the morning. What do I mean?
Studies show that coffee has tremendous health benefits, but most of those benefits are being serverly diminished the way most Americans are consuming it, which in my opinion is closer to being a milk shake than coffee.
When you add sugar (Reference), milk and whatever else you're putting in coffee, you're reducing the effects of cholorgenic acid, a powerful polyphenol that has been shown to help burn fat (Reference, Reference 2). In addition, filtering your coffee through a paper filter diminishes the chlorogenic acid, as well as how you brew your coffee. In short, best way to brew coffee would be through a method using stainless steel, a medium roast and a robusta coffee bean. I use Kion Coffee.
But I'm not going to go any further into a topic when I can direct you somewhere else that will do it better. Checkout Ben Greenfield's website, podcast and more importantly this excellent piece on coffee and get educated: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/coffee-tips-tricks-hacks-or-getting-the-most-out-of-coffee/bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/coffee-tips-tricks-hacks-or-getting-the-most-out-of-coffee/
#Bengreenfield #Coffeetips #Coffee #KionCoffee #HealthTips
Start With Awareness: What's Slowing You Down
HABIT: PLAN AHEAD
Sunday! I work with many of my clients on a particular habit: PLAN AHEAD.
Sounds too simple, but often those are the best ones. There’s a correlation between simple and effective.
However, it’s more than just coming up with the habit that makes a good coach and client relationship; it’s how to implement it. That’s what my online program is all about. A 12-month program designed to make you efficient at executing some of the best habits I’ve used with my clients. And I’ll be there everyday helping you execute.
These differences in coaching is what’s holding must of us back. Not the workout program.
Workout: Concept 2 Rower
Here again to deliver another workout of the month, yes this one comes mid month (have to get better at that for you, but at least it's free and backed with science you can count on).
This month we visit the Concept 2 Rower! Read below and try the two workouts I've given you. Very basic, but effective when executing each one 1-2x a week. Follow the progression steps I give and see your body get stronger. With a good diet, see your body change as well. Let me know how it goes.
Remember....simple equals effective.
HABIT: BE UNCOMFORTABLE
SKI ERG DOMINATION
Why the ski erg and why sub 50 seconds?
1. Practical and spatially econoomic. The ski erg is a great non impact piece of cardio equipment. It's light weight and fits in most homes.
2. Efficient. You can train several different energy zones using this piece of equipment. It's great at building aerobic efficiency, anaerobic efficiency, power endurance, speed and improving max heart capability in a non impact enviornment.
3. Quick learning curve. There's basically one movement to this piece of equipment. Triple extension (ankles, knees and hips) up and triple flexion down. You can probably find some ways to get creative with this, but you'll also probably end up Barstools Instagram page looking like an idiot. Don't be that guy.
4. Killer workout. It doesn't take much time before this beast of a machine will have your heart rate jacked up. When you maximize your form you will even get some serious fatigue in the lower body despite this being visually upper body dominant exercise.
5. Sub 50 seconds because 300 meters on the ski erg at a fairly competitive level sits right at the beginning of ones lactic thresh hold and that's what I'm trying to improve right now. I want to maximize that energy zone and improve my bodies ability buffer acidity in the blood. It also is a great way to improve my downward pulling power and is a full body movement that measures my complete ability to transfer energy efficiently.
Below I've given you vehicle to drive your ski erg times to competitive levels, but also to get you fitter than your tightest guinea t-shirt. Have fun and follow me as I complete my quest to epic ski erg dominance.
Modality 1: To increase aerobic ability of fast twitch muscle fibers. Deliver high power for longer.
Sets: 10-20mins of...
10 second Max Effort
50 second moderate recovery
Progressions: Decrease recovery time by 5-10% each week
Frequency: 1-2x a week
Link to magazine is HERE Scroll to Page 93-94...
Eric is an advocate of mental healthy, especially for children. He's part of the initiative at Physiology First, a Non-Profit online University focusing on reeducating the youth all around the world.